Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Snicker update for August

My 2nd trimester with Snicker seemed to go pretty smoothly. Other than the scary placenta diagnosis. But I've been feeling pretty good...except for the extreme fatigue. I feel tired ALL THE TIME!! Even when I get 8-9 hours of sleep at night, which is pretty often, I am still soooo tired by the time the afternoon rolls around. I don't remember feeling this tired during Avalon and Lilah's pregnancies. But then again, I was working full-time and probably had to suppress my exhaustion due to a very high demanding and high stress job. Now I'm home all day with an active toddler, then cooking dinner and doing dishes every evening. I try to nap sometimes when Lilah naps. But her naps are usually only between 45-60 min, and she only has 1 nap a day. Sometimes I'll lay on the couch and try to rest while Lilah plays in the family room right by me, but she doesn't let me rest for more than a couple of minutes at a time! Sometimes I'll try to have dinner in the oven before Edward gets home, and then as soon as he gets home from work I run upstairs and nap for 30 min while dinner is cooking and he plays with Lilah.

Putting on weight is never fun, but at least I know it's for a good reason. I've been trying to gain only a reasonable amount of weight. But it's been really hard to exercise this past month. I used to take Lilah for a walk in the afternoon that would last for at least 1 hour. She would nap and I would squeeze in some exercise and fresh air. But we've had a terrible heat wave lately. It was over 100 degrees for a week and half straight. There's no way I can take Lilah and I out in that heat, especially with me being 6 months pregnant. Today was the first day in about 1 month that I was able to get us out for a walk. It was still over 90 degrees and I was sweating a lot by the time we got home. But I took it slow and drank a lot of water, and the exercise felt really good. I'm looking forward to cooler weather as September approaches. I know we'll be able to get outside and get more exercise then!

One positive change this trimester includes minimal pimples! Yay! I hate pimples, zits, blackheads, etc. (Okay, okay, it's not like anyone actually likes them. Everyone hates them!) My face has been extremely clear the past several weeks and I've been loving it!! That makes me feel less self-conscious and I get to wear less makeup - good, good, good! I hope this trend continues for a long time! Another cool thing about being pregnant is that it seems to make my leg hair grow super slow. Random, I know, but still pretty awesome. That means I don't have to shave my legs as often, which is great, because this belly bump is getting in the way as I attempt to bend over with my razor. I remember this same thing happened when I was pregnant with Lilah and I loved it. I can't remember if my leg hair growth slowed while I was pregnant with Avalon; it's been too long.

A couple of weeks ago Lilah got to feel Snicker kicking for the first time. That was pretty cool! Lilah still doesn't fully understand what it means when we tell her that there is a baby in my belly. I know she felt Snicker kick, but I know it didn't register with her. But she does point to and pat my belly while saying "baby". She'll kiss my belly and for the most part she understands when I tell her that she can't climb on my belly because we don't want to hurt the baby. I'm so excited for her to meet her baby brother/sister in less than 3 months now. Kai also got to feel Snicker kick for the first time just last week. He definitely understands what it means and he was super excited about getting to feel the baby kick!



GROWING BELLY ALERT:

24 weeks pregnant with Snicker.

COMPARISON - 24 weeks pregnant with Lilah.



On 8/6 we had another OB appt when I was 26 weeks pregnant. Edward and I were prepared with a list of questions regarding my placenta issue and we were anxious to discuss a plan of action. Thankfully my brother was still in town, so he came to the appt with us. Jacob kept Lilah occupied out in the waiting room so Edward and I would not be distracted during the appt. We listened to Snicker's heart beat, which sounded just fine. Then Dr. Burman performed an ultrasound so he could check on our baby more closely. He measured Snicker's femur bone to ensure that our little one is still growing on track. The baby was measuring about 1 week small, but Dr. Burman said that is completely normal and he was not worried about the baby's growth at all. He said my placenta looks really good. In fact, he seemed quite pleased with the position and look of my placenta. He then said that sometimes early in the pregnancy the placenta can raise some questions, but then as the uterus expands and things shift, the placenta status improves. Dr. Burman said my amniotic fluid level looked great as well. He seemed very pleased with our progress. We asked our questions and he very patiently answered them. He doesn't think we need appts every 2 weeks yet. He said having appts once every 4 weeks is still completely fine given how well things are going inside my uterus. He's still planning on a c-section around 39 weeks and he seemed confident that we will be able to get that far in the pregnancy. This OB appt was very reassuring, but at the same time, I will not breathe a sigh of relief until my little Snickerdoodle is in my arms, alive and healthy. Our next appt is scheduled for 9/4, the day after Labor Day.


Snicker's face.

Snicker's femur bone that was measured to track his/her growth.

Snicker's spine.



GROWING BELLY ALERT:

26 weeks pregnant with Snicker.

COMPARISON - 26 weeks pregnant with Lilah.

COMPARISON - 26 weeks pregnant with Avalon.



On 8/13 I had my glucose screening test. I actually had to fast the night before, unable to eat anything after 10 pm. I usually have a snack around midnight, so I tried to go to bed earlier to avoid that issue! I had to wake up very early to get to the blood draw facility right when they opened to begin the process. I was so tired that my body didn't seem to care about food! I had the first blood draw at 8 am. Then I immediately drank the glucose beverage, which caused a little queasiness while drinking it on an empty stomach. After 1 hour, my blood was drawn a 2nd time. After another hour, my blood was drawn a 3rd time. Then I finally got to leave around 10 am, whoo-hoo! I just found out 2 days ago that I passed the glucose test, which is great. That means I don't have gestational diabetes. I didn't think I did, of course. I didn't with Avalon and Lilah, so I wasn't expecting anything different this time around.



GROWING BELLY ALERT:

28 weeks pregnant with Snicker.

COMPARSION - 28 weeks pregnant with Lilah.

COMPARISON - 28 weeks pregnant with Avalon.



Lilah kissing my belly on 7/27/12.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.