Since Lilah and I had traveled to the Bay to visit my friend Rhoda, I figured it would make perfect sense to squeeze in a trip to Marine World on our way back up to Sacramento. From my mom's house, Marine World is only a 30 minute drive (compared to the 1 hour and 15 min drive from our house). So it was very convenient to combine our trip to the Bay with a trip to Marine World. Lilah and I arrived at the park just as it was opening, which is always nice. We can avoid some of the crowds that way, and the animals are usually more active in the morning.
We always head towards the marine animal section of the park first. We've noticed the penguins are more active in the morning, and it's fun to catch them swimming and zooming around in the water. Lilah and I always have fun watching the penguins, and I think the penguins like seeing my cute Lilah on the other side of the glass! We also enjoyed the aquarium again, like always. So many interesting looking fish and sharks to watch. Lilah had a great time wandering around the butterfly house while I tried to keep up with her and take photos of the gorgeous butterflies at the same time. I see so many new and different butterflies each time we go in there. I love that!
I let Lilah run around in one of the playgrounds at the park to burn off some steam and stretch her legs outside of the stroller. She enjoyed it, but because I can't really chase her up the play structures with my growing belly, she was limited on where she could go. We then swung by the safari animals and visited the lions, giraffes and elephants. I opted out of the elephant show this time. Lilah was in desperate need of a nap and I knew she wouldn't be able to focus on the show if we stayed to watch it. So after watching the elephants for a bit, we hit the road. I had a great day with my little sweetie.
Goofy face! Ready to head in to the park!
What a beautiful day for Lilah and I to spend at Marine World!
The sea lions and seals are so cute!
I love the penguins! They are so cute and fun to watch!
Lilah loves the penguins too! And they love her!
I love watching her watch the fish!
It's fish time!
Enjoying the aquarium!
"Okay, Mama, I'm ready for more animals!"
Lilah loved watching the koi fish swim around!
What beautiful butterflies!
Taking a break from butterfly watching.
So many gorgeous little critters!
Lilah enjoyed the playground inside Marine World. She loves slides!
Sleepy lion.
Giraffes and a snack...nothing beats that!
Checking out the elephants!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.