14 weeks pregnant with Snicker.
COMPARISON - 14 weeks pregnant with Lilah.
Our 3rd prenatal appt was on 5/14/12, when I was exactly 14 weeks along. This was the day following Mother's Day, which we spent at Marine World with my family. We broke the news to my family while at Marine World that day. We figured that we were far enough along in the pregnancy that it would be okay to tell them...especially since it was getting harder to hide my growing belly! Other than my family and a few close friends, still no one else knew our news. I was doing a pretty good job of hiding my baby bump. So back to this appt...everything went well at the appt again, thank goodness! Edward got to hear the baby's heartbeat for the first time, which was awesome. Dr. Burman was again pleased with our progress and happy to know that things were still going well with our little Snicker. He sent us home with an updated ultrasound picture of the baby and an appt for 1 month out.
Our sweet little one, doing just fine!
GROWING BELLY ALERT:
16 weeks pregnant with Snicker.
COMPARISON - 16 weeks pregnant with Lilah.
COMPARISON - 15.5 weeks pregnant with Avalon.
GROWING BELLY ALERT:
18 weeks pregnant with Snicker.
COMPARISON - 18 weeks pregnant with Lilah.
COMPARISON - 18.5 weeks pregnant with Avalon.
Our 4th prenatal appt was on 6/11/12, when I was exactly 18 weeks along. This appt was just 2 weeks ago as I'm typing this. Thankfully we had yet another smooth appt where we got to hear the magical sound of our baby's heartbeat. Dr. Burman also performed an ultrasound to give us further reassurance. We saw the baby's facial bones and spine and observed that the baby is in breech position. Dr. Burman also measured the baby's stomach to ensure that Snicker is still growing on track. Thankfully his/her stomach was measuring perfectly with my dates, so we were all very pleased with that news! We left with instructions to book our big mid-pregnancy ultrasound for the 20-21 week time period, and we left with our next appt scheduled for 7/9/12.
Snicker's spine is visible in this ultrasound photo.
My doctor measured Snicker's stomach to make sure his/her growth is right on track. And it was, exact to the day!
GROWING BELLY ALERT:
20 weeks pregnant with Snicker. Taken earlier this evening.
COMPARISON - 20 weeks pregnant with Lilah.
I am so thankful to be pregnant again. I thank God every day for this sweet little baby growing in my womb, and my daily (and sometimes even hourly) prayer is that this baby will be born alive, healthy, and full-term. I continue to worry about Snicker all day, every day, unless Lilah distracts me from me fear. It helps that I am now feeling Snicker kick multiple times a day. I at least have the reassurance of feeling the baby moving throughout the day. But I am just so scared. I've already lost 2 of my babies. I can't lose another. I look at Lilah and try to have faith that since God has blessed us with 1 healthy baby, it's possible that it will happen again. We are now halfway through the pregnancy and my excitement is building. I can't wait to hold this precious little bundle in my arms and snuggle my new baby just the way I was able to do with Lilah. Now that Lilah is a 24 lb walking and talking toddler, I'm yearning for another teeny little baby to hold in my arms. I think that's just natural as our babies grow and become less baby-like and more like little people. Lilah is such a good kid. She has such a sweet disposition. She is usually pretty gentle and she is great at sharing. I know she will be an awesome big sister, I just know it. I can't wait for that time to come! But in the meantime, I will enjoy every moment that Lilah and I have together before she gains a sibling and loses that 1-on-1 time with me forever.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.