Monday, June 25, 2012

A lovely day at Marine World

Since Lilah slept through the elephant show at Marine World last month, I decided to take her back after a couple of weeks. We planned our trip for Thursday, May 31st, since I was headed to the Bay anyways for a Mary Kay facial. The night before our trip, my sister Shea called and asked if we wanted some company. Turns out she had no patients scheduled for the next day, so she and Kai would join us at Marine World!

We caravanned to MW and headed straight for the penguins once we arrived! Also upon our arrival, I discovered that I had left my iphone in my car. My car was not nearby, so I could not simply retrieve my phone. I spent the entire day at MW with my adorable child, unable to take any photos or video of her. And my Nikon SLR was not functioning, so I had not brought that camera. Thankfully, Shea had brought her camera, so I held it part of the day and snapped several photos.

But enough about the phone/camera issues. The penguins were in play mode when we arrived. They were swimming, gliding and splashing around like crazy! It was wonderful. Lilah and Kai had a blast watching them, and so did we. We also really enjoyed the seals and sea lions. They are such neat creatures to watch, gliding through the water so effortlessly and then propelling themselves forward on land with their awkward bodies. After that, we had a lot of fun watching the huge walruses through a 4" thick piece of glass. The walruses seemed really intrigued by our two toddlers, who were sitting in their strollers right in front of the glass. It was really cool to watch! Then we marched on towards the shark tank and aquarium, which I always love. Lilah and Kai had a great time exploring that area. Every time Lilah lost sight of Kai she would walk back to where she last saw him and say his name. It was so cute!

We spent the afternoon riding some very mild kiddie rides, watching the Shouka killer whale show, and then checking out the beloved elephant show. Unfortunately, the elephant show at 2:30 pm is bad timing for Lilah. She was exhausted by that point, so she had troubles paying attention during the elephant show. I was hoping she would nap earlier in the day, but that did not happen. Lilah did get to pet the elephant at the end of the show, which was pretty cool. Kai and I did too! Once we were done with the elephants, we decided we had spent enough time there and it was time to get our two very sleepy children in the car for the trip home. Both kids passed out in their strollers on the long walk back to the car upon exiting the park. We had a wonderful day together. It was really nice for us to be 1-on-1 with each child, just Mommy and kid!





What a great comparison in size! Large sea creatures vs. small adorable children!






The kids really enjoyed riding the choo-choo train!




They are sooooo cute!!




Chain gang!


We saw the Shouka killer whale show again!








Here are the kids riding the Jeep Safari ride. I think we went on it about 4 times! They loved it, and we had some time to kill!




Time for the elephant show!!


There's Valerie, the star of the show!


Here we are, petting Valerie as she walked by us.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.