Monday, June 25, 2012

My 32nd birthday

I celebrated my 32nd birthday with my family a couple of days before my actual birthday. On Sunday, June 10th, the family came over for lunch, pool time, and dessert. My mom was so sweet. She prepped her delicious lasagna and brought it with her so that all we had to do was pop it in the oven for awhile and then we were ready to eat. We had a green salad and fresh french bread as well. After a nice lunch, we jumped into our swimming gear and walked to the clubhouse to swim. All three kids had a blast in the baby pool. Lilah was pretty tired and overdue for a nap by the time we got there, so she only played in the pool for a bit before retiring to Daddy's lap to rest and eat her goldfish crackers. But all of the kids did enjoy having Gramma there to play with them in the pool. Kai and Carson got into a splashing war that I caught on video. They were so cute together!! Carson didn't mind getting splashed at all, he loved it and tried to splash his big brother too.

Thankfully, Lilah fell asleep in her stroller on the walk home from the clubhouse. While she napped, we enjoyed some yummy desserts! I had baked a confetti cake with chocolate frosting. I had also prepared a chocolate mocha fondue with brownie bites, strawberries and grapes to place on the kabobs. I think everyone enjoyed having options. And I love chocolate, so I was a happy camper!



Lilah's fun party dress!! I will try to snap a better photo of her in that adorable dress soon.




Pool time with Gramma!


Adorable splashing brothers!




Carson is so cute!!


Hanging with Daddy by the side of the pool.


My cutie enjoying a pool-side snack.


Fruit and brownie kabobs with chocolate mocha fondue...YUM YUM!


Kai was sure enjoying his dessert!


They are both getting so big.



On my actual birthday, June 12th, Lilah and I met a couple of friends at the pool and enjoyed some more swim time. It was quite hot that day, so we went early to avoid the heat. We had fun with our friends, then headed home to check on the landscapers who were busy beautifying our front yard.

In the afternoon, we met Edward at the Folsom Outlets where we did a little window shopping. Lilah had too much fun wandering around the stores! She even peeked in on Daddy while he was in the changing room at the Eddie Bauer outlet. Everyone in the stores thought she was so cute! After that, we headed over to one of our favorite restaurants, The Old Spaghetti Factory. I never get tired of that place. Even considering I worked there for years while in college! The three of us enjoyed a nice meal together. However, Edward and I both agreed, their portion sizes have decreased lately. Much to our dismay. For Edward, it's more about quantity than it is quality. Anyone who knows him well knows how much food he eats! The food was yummy though and my mud pie dessert was absolutely amazing, as always.

Once we arrived home my birthday gift was waiting for me on the doorstep. My brand new Nikon D5100 SLR camera had arrived, yay!! Anyone that knows me well knows that I am very passionate about my photography. My 4.5 year old Nikon D80 had recently stopped functioning properly. We were told that the sensor (one of the main components) would need repair/replacement to the tune of $230. It didn't make sense to spend that much just to repair 1 part on the camera when we could buy a brand new camera body for about double that. A camera that is 5 years newer in technology and wouldn't need any repairs for quite awhile. So even though it totally wasn't in the budget (keep in mind our landscaping was completed that week), we opted to go for the new camera. I love my new camera so far!! It has taken some amazing photos, especially some wonderful butterfly and action shots at MW (to be blogged about later).

Spying on Daddy in the changing room!


Dinner at the Old Spaghetti Factory with my 2 favorite people!


Mud pie...OH YEAH!


My new camera!! It arrived on the night of my birthday. What great timing!


Love her smile!!!


Me on my birthday with my adorable Lilah and my growing belly!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.