Sunday, September 30, 2012

Week 32 with snicker

On Monday, Sept 17th, we had our next OB appt. I hit the 32 week mark that day as well. Yay! Edward met Lilah and I at my doctor's office and the 3 of us congregated in the exam room together. Dr. Burman was glad to hear that all has been going smoothly with our pregnancy these past couple of weeks. He immediately measured my fundus and was very happy to see that my belly is measuring right on target. He was so confident in that result that he didn't even perform an ultrasound to measure the baby more accurately. I was a little bummed not to have the re-assurance of the ultrasound since he would have checked on the baby, my placenta, and my amniotic fluid levels. But I knew my NST's were starting the next day, and those also give me some peace of mind. We booked my next prenatal appt for 10/2, immediately following my NST. Oh, and we also booked my c-section date! Wed, Nov 7th is the BIG DAY!!! Unless Snicker decides to come early on his/her own. It's so nice to finally have an end date to this pregnancy. I know I will have my baby in my arms (hopefully alive and healthy) no later than 11/7. Just knowing that helps me try to stay positive.

My first NST was on Tuesday, Sept 18th. My NST's will be every Tuesday and Friday morning up until the baby is born. When I arrived at the ATU (Antenatal Testing Unit) of Sutter Memorial Hospital (same place Lilah was tested and born), I was greeted with hugs and excited hello's. One of my old Enterprise co-workers is now a Labor and Delivery nurse at the hospital, and she has been helping out in the ATU for a few months now. Farelyn gave me a big hug and the other nurses were excited to see me too, since several of them remember the time we spent together 2 years ago while I pregnant with Lilah. Farelyn and I had a good time catching up as the NST was completed. Snicker has done well these past 2 weeks since the NST's began. I really like the extra monitoring Snicker has been receiving and I am so thankful to have a doctor who is patient with us and doing what he can to ensure that we give birth to another healthy baby.



The only reason I can see my toes in this picture is because I was leaning against something and was at an angle. When I stand straight up, my toes disappear!



GROWING BELLY ALERT:

32 weeks pregnant with Snicker.

COMPARISON - 32 weeks pregnant with Lilah.

COMPARISON - 32.5 weeks pregnant with Avalon.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.