Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Sac Zoo visit with my little girl

At the end of August, Lilah and I headed over to the Sacramento Zoo for some animal fun. I had planned to take her to Marine World that day, but then I found out that MW is only open on the weekends now. Major bummer!! Thankfully the zoo wasn't very crowded, so that was nice. Lilah and I had fun looking at the flamingos. I brought one of her animal books with us and I made sure to point out the flamingo in her book. Now she recognizes flamingos all the time and seems to like them more! The chimps weren't too impressive while we were watching them. They seemed a little lethargic and weren't very playful. I was pretty disappointed to see that the orangutans were sleeping and didn't come out to play once while we were there at the zoo. Last time I was very intrigued by them.

Next, we headed over to the hoofed animals and Lilah got to see a bongo (it's kind of like a cross between a zebra and an antelope) for the first time. She liked the bongos and I have to admit, they were pretty cool looking. Lilah liked the zebras more this time, and then of course she had a blast watching the giraffes. I opted not to pay extra to have Lilah feed the giraffes. Since I was alone with her, there wouldn't have been anyone to take pictures of she and I as we fed the giraffes. We'll do that next time.

We stopped for lunch and ate on a bench across the pathway from the swinging gibbons. What a great place to break for lunch! I love watching the gibbons swing around on the bars, toys and interior of their enclosure. Lilah and I looked through her animal book again as we ate lunch and I reminded her of the animals we had seen so far. After lunch, we checked out the snoozing tigers, sleepy lions, and a few other critters. We swung back around to check on the chimps again, and then headed for home. Lilah fell asleep in the car before I had even pulled out of the parking lot!





We love flamingos!


Watching the pelican.


Checking out the chimps!


The chimps were munching on carrots.


Zebras and an ostrich.


You can feed the giraffes (if you pay extra).


Lilah loves the giraffes!

And last but not least, we visited the snoozing tiger.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.