Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Off of work now and at the 34 week mark

I am extremely happy to report that I am now off of work and resting at home, waiting for this little one to arrive. My job was just so stressful, there is no way I could keep that up as we near the end of this pregnancy. A high risk pregnancy. Plus, my OB wanted me out of work early just in case. I worked up until my due date with Avalon last year and that was a mistake. In my line of work, you get taken advantage of if you work hard, do a good job, and put in all those extra hours unpaid. I wasn't about to let that happen again with this pregnancy. Cupcake's health is too important, and my health and well-being also.

As of today we are 34 weeks along. Only about 4 to 4.5 weeks to go, and then my little Christmas miracle will be in my arms. I am so ready to hold this precious baby, kiss those soft, sweet cheeks and adore every part of this child! After the devastating loss of our first born, nothing is more important to Edward and I than the healthy, safe arrival of this baby in my womb. I had an NST this morning that went well. I've actually been feeling a little under the weather off and on for the last 4 days, but luckily Cupcake doesn't seem to have noticed at all. This little one has been moving around a lot, even as I've been dealing with some slight dizziness, slight nausea and 1-2 other not so pleasant symptoms. I thought I was on the mend yesterday, but when I woke up this morning I felt bad again. I'm hoping and praying that this little issue will clear up very soon. I have so much I want to do around the house in preparation for Cupcake's arrival, but I need the energy to do it!

Just over 1 week ago we traveled down to Southern CA for a friend's wedding. We carpooled down to Oxnard with our good friends/family, Chrindy (Chris and Cindy). The drive wasn't bad at all. The hotel we stayed at had questionable customer service, but the location was amazing. The hotel was right on the beach, a beautiful beach. And our friend's wedding was held at the hotel, which was very convenient. The wedding was beautiful, and the reception was a lot of fun. The DJ played great music, and I was so bummed that I couldn't join Edward and all of our friends for the dancing. But I didn't want to jostle Cupcake too much in my belly, so I stayed on the sidelines and took some great pictures instead!


Edward and I on the beach in Oxnard. It was quite windy at the time!


I love taking artistic shots of beautiful scenery!


Beautiful flower near the pool at the hotel.


Me and Edward all dressed up for the wedding!


The happy bridal couple, Steve and Livi Norton!


Cindy, Chris and Edward were definitely busting a groove on the dance floor. Wish I could have joined them!


I did partake in some slow dancing with my wonderful hubby!


My precious Cupcake and I on the beach. 32.5 weeks along.


Love this one!


Beautiful sunset that I got to enjoy with my sweetie in my belly!


This was our hotel, extremely conveniently located on this gorgeous beach.


I love photographing sunsets, for the obvious reasons. So gorgeous!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.