Sunday, July 3, 2011

UC Davis Picnic Day

In mid April we also took Lilah to her first Picnic Day at UC Davis, our Alma mater! I think this was our first time back at Picnic Day since I graduated in 2002. We met Cindy and Chris on campus once we arrived there. It was quite a warm day, but the weather was beautiful. I can't believe how many people there were at Picnic Day! Lilah was so distracted by all of the people and sights that we had a heck of a time trying to get her to drink her bottle. She was so distracted! But she did great all day and didn't cry once for 6 hours straight!! We had a lot of fun and I hope we'll go back next year when Lilah is old enough to walk around and enjoy it even more.






My sweetie with her awesome red flower hair accessory.


Chris and Cindy!


Me and Lilah hanging out on a bench on the quad.


Doggie races!


Sheepdog trials.


Frisbee tricks!


Lilah hit 4 months old in the month of April. She has continued to be a great sleeper. She has slept 10-12 hours a night and doesn't really wake much in the middle of the night. We had her sleeping in the pack and play right next to my side of the bed. In fact, that's where she continues to sleep right now. We'll have to transition her to her crib in her own room within the next few weeks. I guess it's about that time, even though it makes me sad to not have her so close by.
April was my last month off with Lilah before I had to go back to work. I had such a terrible feeling as each day ticked by and the day I had to return to work got closer and closer. I REALLY did not want to go back to work, especially to the insurance claims job I don't like. I tried to make the most of my time off with Lilah. We went for walks in the neighborhood pretty often, and I had a lot of fun playing with her as she got more interactive with age. Lilah remained a very spitty baby throughout this time span, and her weight gain was a little on the slow side. She was still progressing, just not gaining weight as fast as we would have liked. Lilah started smiling a lot more frequently, and squealing quite a bit! And her neck strength continued to improve with each passing day.


Lilah went through a phase where she would knock her bib onto her face and then not be able to remove it from her face. So funny!


Me with my 4-month old Lilah!


Sleepy Daddy and sleepy Lilah.


Lilah at exactly 4 months old.


Lilah with Uncle Shaun.




Lilah with Auntie Shea.


Towards the end of April I took Lilah to visit Daddy at his office. We had to show Lilah off to all of Edward's co-workers who hadn't met her yet! We had fun that day!


Lilah was getting her diaper changed on daddy's desk at work!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.