So we made the trek to Concord - Lilah's first time in Concord. We stayed overnight at my mom's house (since it was an evening game), and my mom watched Lilah for us while we were at the game. It was our first time being away from Lilah and going out on our own without her. I was nervous being away from her! Of course I trusted Lilah with my mom and I knew Lilah would be very well taken care of. But still, it was hard on us to leave Lilah behind. Before leaving for the game, we had an early dinner with the rest of the family, who was in town for the weekend.
Then off to the game we went! Once we got to the arena in San Jose, I had to pump my milk before we could go in. I also had to pump in the car on the way home. Thank goodness it was dark out by then!! Pumping in a moving vehicle was quite an adventure. Edward and I had fun at the game. But unfortunately my team lost. The Av's have been playing terribly the last 2 months, so I wasn't really expecting much. We arrived home to find Lilah in Gramma's arms, just about ready to fall asleep. I happily snatched her up and rocked her to sleep!
That next day we drove over to Brentwood to spend some time with Edward's parents. Lilah was snatched up by her other grandma immediately upon our arrival! It was nice to spend the afternoon with them and enjoy a nice meal before heading home.
One of Lilah's feedings at Gramma's house. Lilah's bib says, "I love my big sister".
My nephew Kai snacking while at Gramma's house.
Kai was wrestling with his daddy!
Edward and I at the hockey game. Go Av's!!
The opening face off!
One of the players on the Sharks scored a hat trick, so there were a lot of hats thrown onto the ice by the Sharks fans.
Lilah with Grandma Rose Marie.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.