Friday, October 1, 2010

Reassuring appt today!

Edward and I had our monthly appt with our OB this morning. I wasn't feeling too anxious about the appt considering that Cupcake was dancing in my belly to Michael Jackson music the entire drive there! Dr. Burman said my bloodwork came back normal, so that means no gestational diabetes. Not that we suspected I would have that. Dr. Burman measured my fundus, which is measuring in perfectly at 27 cm (at 27.5 wks pregnant). Then we heard Cupcake's heartbeat, nice and strong!
Dr. Burman wanted to do an ultrasound to check on the baby and make sure this little one is right on track with his/her growth. I didn't get any pictures from the ultrasound, but we did get to see Cupcake's head and even a nose! It wasn't very close up though. It was so great to see our little cutie again! Dr. Burman measured the baby's abdomen, as he said that's a really good indicator of how the baby is growing. And Cupcake's measurements were on target with my due date, so that is very good. Dr. Burman also tried to measure Cupcake's femur, but this little baby was moving so much that the doctor couldn't get a good measurement! The doctor said that's fine, he's happy to see that the baby is moving so much. He said all that movement is as good of an indicator as anything else that this baby is doing very well. Dr. Burman had to make sure to keep the ultrasound wand away from the baby's private area, since we don't know the gender and want to keep it that way until birth. The doctor is disappointed though! I think he's impatient and he wants to know, so he teases us about it! I'm sure he's just so used to everyone knowing their baby's gender during the pregnancy that he actually has to be cautious about what he says with us, and he has to be careful about what we see in the ultrasound. Cupcake was actually head down already based on what we saw today. But this little one is such a mover that I'm sure that won't be the case next time!
We talked about how much longer I'll be working. Dr. Burman is still on board with me going out of work in mid November, since we plan to induce in mid December. He knows my job is very stressful, and that my company will have no mercy on me until I actually start my leave, so we agree that it's best to go out a few weeks early. So that means only 6 more weeks of work left! I cannot even articulate how excited I am about that. And then 4 weeks at home resting, relaxing and baby prepping the house...then Cupcake will arrive! Less than 11 weeks to go, and then this precious bundle of joy will be in my arms.
Dr. Burman told us that he is very pleased with our pregnancy so far, the baby is doing well, and we have every reason to be confident. Obviously we are still worried about what the next 11 weeks could bring, and he understands that. But thank goodness he is completely on board with doing whatever it takes to send us home with a healthy baby this time. We'll start my NST's around 32 weeks. My next appt is on 10/12. I have to get my RhoGAM shot that day, since my blood is A-.
October is always a very busy month for Edward and I. Every October we both work at Smith Family Farm, which is owned and operated by a family friend. Only Edward is working this year, but I'll still travel with him to the Bay Area for 3 of the 5 weekends this month. I'll go visit him while he works and take photos of all the pumpkins, flowers, etc. And I'm hoping my nephew and a few others will come out to the farm this year to get their pumpkins and have some fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.