Monday, August 2, 2010

Visiting with a good friend

About 2 weeks ago, one of my best friends came into town for a visit. Marianne and I have been friends for 18 years now! She was my maid of honor 3 years ago when I married Edward. And Marianne just happens to be pregnant right now too! She and her husband, Garrett, were visiting family and friends in CA recently, and I was lucky enough to get some time with Marianne. They live in Hawaii, so I rarely get to see them. This was a much anticipated visit.
I had the opportunity to have lunch with Marianne, her mom, aunt and cousin at CPK in Walnut Creek. Then we browsed around the shops in Walnut Creek before I drove Marianne to Lodi to meet up with Garrett and his family. The next weekend, I attended Marianne's baby shower. She's not due until the end of November, but since this was her only planned visit to CA, it was the perfect chance to have a baby shower for her. I had a great time at her shower. She got so many adorable little girl clothes!! And Marianne handed me her brand new Nikon to use, so I was her official photographer for the day...which was perfect for me! I had a great visit with a great woman...who's soon to be a great mom!



Marianne and I at CPK!



Marianne and I with our baby bumps! Our babies will most likely be less than 1 month apart!



Beautiful cake!



Presents time!



Also in the news...

Edward and I celebrated our 3rd wedding anniversary last Wednesday, July 28th. We enjoyed a delicious dinner at The Old Spaghetti Factory! Then he surprised me with a Coach wallet that perfectly matches my new Coach purse - my 1st Coach purse. And I gave him some DVD's that he had been wanting. We had a nice, relaxing evening - just the way we like it!

I've been feeling Cupcake move more often, and the movements are stronger. Sometimes it almost seems as if Cupcake has already established a sleep schedule. Cupcake wakes up and starts kicking me almost every day between 9:30 am and 10 am! So cute! Just today I was able to feel the kicking internally, and externally when I put my hand on my belly. I immediately grabbed Edward's hand and placed it on my belly, hoping Cupcake would kick again right away. But no such luck! I'm hoping that by the end of this week Edward will have felt Cupcake move for the first time. We have our next pre-natal appt this Friday, and I am looking forward to finally hearing Cupcake's heartbeat, loud and clear!

A few weeks ago, Shea, Shaun and Kai came over and went swimming with us! We had a lot of fun, and Kai was so cute! Here are a few pics from that mini pool party...





No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.