Saturday, August 7, 2010

Cupcake's heartbeat!

Yesterday Edward and I had an appointment with Dr. Burman. It was our monthly pre-natal appointment. Given the scare we had last month, I was really looking forward to hearing Cupcake's heartbeat this time. And our little one did not fail us! We finally got to hear that long-anticipated beautiful sound!
Dr. Burman's doppler is apparently a lot quieter than my old doctor's doppler was. Last year, when we would get to hear Avalon's heartbeat at the old doctor's office, the sounds were always really loud. But I guess Dr. Burman's doppler is not as amplified because the sounds are a lot quieter. But we still were able to hear Cupcake's heartbeat, nice and strong.
Dr. Burman also performed a quick ultrasound just to check on the baby, and he said he was giving us extra peace of mind. We got to see Cupcake's head, brain, and spine. He checked my fluid levels and my placenta, and he said everything is looking good so far. We go back again in 4 weeks for our next appointment. Before that, we go in to the diagnostic facility for our big ultrasound on 8/17. That would typically be the appt where we find out Cupcake's gender. But of course we want to be surprised, so we'll have to make sure to tell the tech not to reveal our baby's gender!
I can't wait to hold this baby in my arms and look into his/her eyes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.