Monday, June 28, 2010

12 week ultrasound and testing




About 1.5 weeks ago I went in for some 1st trimester screening tests. Some blood was drawn - that was the 1st part of the screening. Then an ultrasound was performed to make sure the baby's organs are growing appropriately, and they measure the pocket of fluid in the back of the baby's neck. That allows them to calculate the risk of this baby having Trisomy 18 or Down Syndrome. Thankfully, the screening test results came back negative and I was told everything looks great with the little one so far. Obviously, that's only one of many hurdles to get through before we can bring home our healthy baby Cupcake. Here are some photos from the most recent ultrasound.

And here's a comparison of my rapidly growing belly with this 2nd baby!
Here I am in the green shorts with Cupcake inside my belly. I am 14 weeks along, and this was taken about 1 hour ago.


And in this photo of me in the brown paw print pants, I was about 15 weeks along with Avalon! Wow, my belly sure popped early with this 2nd baby in comparison with Avalon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.