Saturday, November 5, 2011

Late September fun

In mid September, just 1 week before I quit my job, the three of us took a trip up to Chrindy's cabin. It was Lilah's first trip up there! But we knew the dynamic would be different now that we have a baby to take care of the whole weekend. We used to lounge around, sunbathe, play in the river, nap, read, chit chat, etc. Most of that is now impossible with a crawling baby. And that's okay, I wouldn't have it any other way!
The cabin has a raised deck without a railing, so we had to keep a very close eye on Lilah and make sure she didn't crawl too far while we were outside on the deck enjoying the fresh air. We brought plenty of toys for her, so she was distracted by those most of the time. Since it was mid September, it was kind of chilly up in the mountains. So we bundled Lilah up a bit, and she looked super cute in a pink fleece hoodie! We enjoyed a nice BBQ dinner on Saturday evening and then went inside for the night. Lilah had some vomiting issues that night, unfortunately. But I'll touch on that more later.
Lilah had a rough time sleeping that Saturday night. It is usually quite cold in the cabin at night in mid September, especially since the cabin has no insulation. We were all bundled up for bedtime. But Lilah was very fussy, so Edward took her downstairs to be closer to the fire. He rocked her all night in the rocking chair with blankets over them to keep them warm. In the morning I got up and took over cuddling Lilah so Edward could go get some sleep. Chris started a fire first thing in the morning and that helped warm us up. As I was sitting by the fire with Lilah and she was playing with me, she put my fingers in her mouth to chew on them. That is when I discovered that I felt little tooth buds in there!! I immediately tried to pry her mouth open so I could check out her new teeth. It wasn't easy, but I managed to snag a look at her 2 bottom teeth right in the middle that were cutting through. Well that sure explained her fussiness that night! She was in a lot of pain. My poor baby. September 18th marks the arrival of Lilah's first teeth! Luckily her mood improved throughout the day and she only had 1 vomiting episode that day. (The vomiting and teeth issue were unrelated.) We left the cabin that afternoon and headed home with our no-longer-toothless baby!
I look forward to another cabin trip next year...except this time with a healthy, walking toddler!


Cindy and Lilah!


Lilah and I playing on the deck while Cindy sunbathes!




My sweetie and I.


"Hey, what gives? Let me outta here!"


She can get anything she wants with that adorable face!


Reading with Daddy.


My L-O-V-E!


Snuggling with my Lilah after a rough night of teething.


Lilah meeting Josh for the first time. Uh-oh!






Love these pictures!!




Family pictures at the cabin!


VINTAGE PHOTOS!!
Just to capture how many times we've been there over the years and how we've changed, I'm including some vintage photos of prior trips to the cabin. Our first trip was in May 2002, before I got my first digital camera. So we've managed to find the pictures from my 35 mm camera, and we've had them scanned in so we can post them here!


Really old photo! Edward and I were not even dating yet at this point. But we were good friends!


Good times with good friends.
MAY 2002.




SUMMER 2003.


SUMMER 2004 - We went to Lake Almanor instead. But with the same people!




EARLY SUMMER 2005.




LATE SUMMER 2005. I don't think we went in 2006...lots of other trips that year. And Chrindy got married that summer!




EARLY SUMMER 2007.






MID SUMMER 2007 - Bachelorette Party at the cabin!


SUMMER 2008.


SUMMER 2009, AUGUST.


SUMMER 2009, SEPTEMBER.




EARLY SUMMER 2010.


LATE SUMMER 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.