This morning Cupcake and I had another NST. The baby was a little sleepy, but still did fine at the NST. Edward was with me for this visit. Then we walked next door for our weekly OB appt. The doctor listened to Cupcake's heartbeat, which was just fine. Then the doctor checked my cervix again. Nothing. Still nothing. My cervix is not ripening at all. Dr. Burman said again today that if my cervix still isn't doing anything as we near 39 weeks, we should consider a c-section as the best option. He said again today that he does not recommend an induction for a woman whose cervix is still completely closed. He said the process would be long and probably not the best fit for me, especially considering what we have been through and how cautious we want to be with this baby. It's my choice, but I can tell he's completely on board with doing a c-section if my cervix doesn't change. And I'm fine with that. I know there are many benefits to a vaginal birth. But I just don't want to do anything to jeopardize the health of this baby. A c-section is a little riskier for me, but I don't care. Going through a lengthy induction that may not even result in a successful vaginal birth just doesn't sound like the best idea considering I want nothing more than to have a healthy, live baby this time. I have another NST on Friday, and then another OB appt next Tuesday.
So my PC is still on the fritz. Edward replaced the power supply, and then my PC worked fine for 24 hrs. Then it suddenly stopped working again. Edward thinks the hard drive is still okay, so now he is trying to diagnose what the actual problem is. At this point, I just want to be able to retrieve all the data on my hard drive. If the PC dies, we'll deal. I just want all of my photos that are currently stored on my hard drive. Years of photos. The more recent photos are on Facebook, but I have so many photos that I would want to salvage! We already purchased an external hard drive last Friday. So assuming we can get the computer going again, we will immediately transfer all of my photos to the external hard drive to make sure they are safe. I will probably also burn them all to a DVD. Or at least the most important ones. In the meantime, I'm using my laptop. It works well enough, but I really miss my PC. I guess we're spoiled considering Edward and I each have our own PC, as well as my laptop.
I have a few more details about the birth of my best friend's baby. Marianne gave birth to sweet little baby Bailey Gresham after 31 hours of labor. 13 hours of that labor were in the hospital. And Marianne did it without any medication. I am SO proud of her!! She is an amazingly strong woman, and she did what I don't think I could do. I doubt I could get through a vaginal birth without an epidural, so I am very impressed at Marianne's strength and dedication to her baby. She and her husband Garrett are adjusting to the challenges that accompany a brand new baby. But they are both amazing people, and I know they will be amazing parents to their precious little girl!

Marianne's 1st born, her precious and sweet daughter, Bailey.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.