Friday, May 21, 2010

Our first pre-natal appt for Cupcake!


Last Thursday Edward and I met with Dr. Z (Dr. Zielinsky) for our first pre-natal appointment. We were very excited, and very nervous! Dr. Z said all my labs were fine. Then came the "Moment of Truth" as Dr. Z called it. He performed the ultrasound and we got our first look at my uterus, and our little baby blob in there! Edward wasn't sure what he was looking at for a moment, so Dr. Z pointed out what was what! Dr. Z was extremely pleased to see that Cupcake's heartbeat was very strong. He said that is great, especially since I'm not very far along yet. He said that because the baby's heartbeat is so strong, so early, my chance of a miscarriage is already down to 4%. I told him thanks for the stat, but until I have a crying baby in my arms, I am not going to relax. He understood, of course. At the time of the appt, I calculated that I was at 7 wks 2 days, based on my cycle. The ultrasound showed that the baby was measuring small, and Dr. Z said I was only measuring at 6 wks 3 days. Which means my due date unofficially changes from 12/28 to 1/4. Not what I want! I want this baby in 2010, and preferably before Christmas! I'm confident that at the next appt, when the baby is a little bigger, we'll get a more accurate measure and my calculations will be back in effect.

Dr. Z talked to us about some things we are going to do later in the pregnancy to watch me and the baby, and to hopefully ensure the arrival of a healthy, live baby. Overall, it was a good appt. Next appt is on 6/14, right after my 30th birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.