Wednesday, October 12, 2011

More August visitors!

In mid August my best friend Rhoda flew into town for a quick weekend trip. I usually don't get to see Rhoda more than once a year or so. Even getting to see her for a few hours is always great, so I was thrilled that she came into town! And I was super excited to have Rhoda meet Lilah for the first time!
I picked Rhoda up in the Bay Area and brought her back to my mom's house in Concord so we could hang out for a bit and she could play with Lilah. Then Rhoda and I went out to dinner at a Mexican restaurant while my mom put Lilah to bed. It was great to have a ladies night out! Then the next morning, Lilah and I went over to Rhoda's parents' house where Rhoda was staying. Rhoda and her mom got to play with Lilah for awhile before we left. We had a lot of fun and it was great to see Rhoda interacting with Lilah! I really enjoyed my time with Rhoda...I just wish I got to see her more often!


Lilah meeting Rhoda for the first time!




So cute!


Lilah with Rhoda's mom!


Teething baby!




Rhoda, Lilah and me!


Playing with Rhoda's camera!


New teething toy!


Month 8 progress for Lilah included a large increase in her babbling and chattering. She started putting strings of consonants together, like da-da-da-da. Lilah began pushing herself into a sitting position from a crawling/laying position. Lilah started crawling to us and and crawling up our ankles and legs, wanting to be held. Which is always super cute, by the way! Lilah began sitting up, perched on her knees. She's got pretty good balance! Lilah also started pushing herself up into a standing position while bracing herself against a stationary object. And Lilah successfully began eating Puffs on September 8th. Here are a few photos of Lilah at the 8 month mark!


One of Lilah's last baths in the kitchen sink before graduating to the bigger tub!


Lilah playing around in Mommy and Daddy's bed!


Playing with cousin Kai!


My beautiful baby!!


Love her!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.